[eng/fr]request for pc version

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
sweetdragon

[eng/fr]request for pc version

Post by sweetdragon »

hello,

I am French, on windows and I have a iphone 3g.
I just discovered pocketpedia on appstore.

je cherche un appz which enables you to view its catalog on its dvd iphone.

I use: "http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog"
to create my catalog that I see on the web then.

but there is no template iphone.

Could you tell me if:
1 - dvdpedia exists or will exist for pc
2 - if you have a template for iphone that I could adapt for my software?

Greetings and thank you very much in any case, the little I have seen is great
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bonjour,

je suis français, sur windows et j'ai un iphone 3g.
je viens de découvrir pocketpedia sur l'appstore.

je cherche un appz qui permet justement de visualiser son catalogue dvd sur son iphone.

j'utilise : "http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog"
pour créer mon catalogue que je visualise sur le web ensuite.

mais il n'y a pas de template iphone.

Pourriez-vous me dire si :
1- dvdpedia existe ou existera pour pc
2- si vous avez un template pour iphone que je pourrais adapter pour mon logiciel ?

Merci infiniment et félicitation en tout cas, le peu que j'ai vu est génial.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: [eng/fr]request for pc version

Post by Conor »

Unfortunately Pocketpedia only talks with the Pedias and can't be used by other applications. It's also not as simple as sending a single template to the iPhone for display. The actual communication between the iPhone and Pocketpedia is a two way communication where Pocketpedia asks questions and the Pedias reply with very specific answers. DVDpedia has an import for Ant Movie Catalog and would be able to transfer the information to Pocketpedia, but it brings us to the Mac OS X only world as we have no plans to create a version of DVDpedia for Windows. Consider DVDpedia, Pocketpedia and your iPhone a few more reasons to switch to Mac. :wink:
sweetdragon

Post by sweetdragon »

Conor wrote: a few more reasons to switch to Mac. :wink:
:D yes but i haven't money for the moment !

and about this : http://www.bruji.com/iphone/sample/
you tell : "DVDpedia has an import for Ant Movie Catalog and would be able to transfer the information to Pocketpedia," so it's mean your template had the right code for interprete amc code so if it's possible,
can i have this template and i try to make one for "Ant Movie Catalog" ?

thank's very much . i hope have soon a mac. because itune without mac it's sad !

:)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The iPhone template you link is what we used to use before an iTunes App Store existed. It's not as wonderful as Pocketpedia because you need internet access to view your movies via Safari and is not searchable. But it is optimized for iPhone and to look pretty. You have our permission to copy the template and use it with Ant Movie Catalog. It would be nice if you still gave us credit but not necessary. Not sure how the Ant Movie Catalog template system works, so I can't say how much work it would be to modify the template to work with another program. The template is based on two step export, one for the index listing and one for the details. Download DVDpedia in zip format (compatible with Windows) and it will be just a folder once unzipped. Look in DVDpedia.app/Contents/Resources/Templates to find the blank template files that DVDpedia uses when creating that HTML export (the one for the iPhone begin with iPhone, those ending with Details are the complementary details template). Good luck.

Apple products and software do work better with other Apple. Hope to have a new Mac community member someday and hopefully a new Pedia user.
sweetdragon

Post by sweetdragon »

thank you very much,

I planned to clarify that the sources in your area and if some were on mac, it is moving toward you.

I will keep you informed of my progress and as soon as I posted on the site.

again thank you. and as soon mac.
sweetdragon

Post by sweetdragon »

Hello conor,
Great news
Yesterday, I was offered a mac mini
I am an official member of the Brotherhood of mac

like the fact, look down the project above:

I managed to do this:

"private: send by mp"

So now I'm on mac

I return to you

the license it is a pay once?

why can 'we not add movies from pocketpedia?
do you plan to include bar code reader? pic2shop type? association or partnership with them would be a good idea I think

So
I am happy to be very quickly among members
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Our license is a one time fee however we have charged for a major update in the past (version 2 to version 3) and might do again in the future. (If that's the case then anyone who bought the program in the previous 12 months will get the update for free.)

At the moment there is no manual add option in Pocketpedia2 because there is no search connection. We first need to find a reliable website for searches since Amazon is not an option anymore. But we might include a manual add option.

We're working on overhauling our iSight code from the ground up. Once that's done we'll see if we can manage to port the code to Pocketpedia2 as well.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

manually adding to Pocketpedia2

Post by sjk »

Nora wrote:But we might include a manual add option.
With DVDpedia, it would be very handy just being able to add titles for possible future rental/purchase while browsing at video stores, kiosks, etc. Later, the complete entries could be filled in when synching with the desktop app.

I use DVDpedia primarily for keeping track of movie rentals and theatre/TV viewing so any changes to make that more convenient would be appreciated. That would one way to make your products unique from competing ones that are all heavily purchase-centric (at least those I've looked at).