Search for Actor

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
tobias
Contributor
Contributor

Search for Actor

Post by tobias »

Hi,

I managed to add my whole movie collection to this lovely program, but after playing around with it, i encountered some problems:

I noticed that by searching for an actor, only the top 5 or 6 entries are beeing searched, the rest of the entries are ignored.
For example: By adding "King Arthur" via imdb.com, Keira Knightley appears to be the 8th's actor in the list. By searching for "Kneightley", this Title will not be listed.

Is there any way to search for all actors? Or even going further: Is there a way to add all actors from an imdb.com entry (but maybe just display the first 10)? Otherwise it is not possible to search for guest appearences and so on.

Thanks
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Search for Actor

Post by kbarnes70 »

tobias wrote:Hi,

I managed to add my whole movie collection to this lovely program, but after playing around with it, i encountered some problems:

I noticed that by searching for an actor, only the top 5 or 6 entries are beeing searched, the rest of the entries are ignored.
For example: By adding "King Arthur" via imdb.com, Keira Knightley appears to be the 8th's actor in the list. By searching for "Kneightley", this Title will not be listed.

Is there any way to search for all actors? Or even going further: Is there a way to add all actors from an imdb.com entry (but maybe just display the first 10)? Otherwise it is not possible to search for guest appearences and so on.

Thanks

It works here for me Tobias - I entered the same movie and then searched ALL FIELDS and the movie is included, along with other movies that Keira Knightley is in. Are you searching all fields?

Regards, Keith
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

To search the credits, go into the search field in the toolbar and click on the little magnifying glass to choose 'Credits'. That'll limit the search to only the credits tab.
To add the full list of actors from IMDb, go into the plug-ins menu (the little white cube next to the Help menu) and choose 'IMDb Options'. There check the box next to 'Complete Actors' and any other parts of the credits you'd like to download.
tobias
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tobias »

Thanks to both of you :)