Send someone with an iphone a copy of my library

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
String

Send someone with an iphone a copy of my library

Post by String »

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but how can I send someone without a pedia program but with an iphone a copy of my library to view on their iphone?
I want to lend them books stored in my bookpedia library. Can they view the books with pocketpedia?
I can export for iphone and send them the resulting folder but how do they get that onto their iphone.
I have no iphone BTW.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Send someone with an iphone a copy of my library

Post by Conor »

If they happen to be in your home they can use their iPhone to sync your Bookpedia database to their iPhone by connecting their phone to your wireless network. Otherwise send them a ".bookpedia" export (the first option in the exports tab) of your main library collection. With this file they will be able to download a the demo copy of Bookpedia from our web site and double click the file you sent them to add that to their Bookpedia (no purchase necessary as the demo version will only limit editing, not viewing a large library). Your friend will then be able to run the Pocketpedia sync with their Bookpedia populated with your information, by launching Pocketpedia and looking for the sync button on the collections tab (once again the iPhone needs to be connected to the same wireless network as the Mac running Bookpedia).