Problem I'm having with info view on Bookpedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Shelly P

Problem I'm having with info view on Bookpedia

Post by Shelly P »

Hi.. I'm just trying Bookpedia out as a way to archive all the articles we've published in our small magazine (20 volumes so far with 6 issues in each volume). We recycle alot of articles we've already published, so I'm mostly using it as a searchable database

Anyway, I've figured out quite a bit of ways to make Bookpedia work for us.. I'm just having one problem

I've toggled preferences-Styles-info view.. but I can NOT get the information in the "subjects" "comments" and "notes" to appear in the info view, (only in the table view) even though I have those boxes "Checked" in the preferences menu..

What's going on? Any tips? the info view at the bottom will show "tags" but not "subjects".. it won't display information I've typed into the "Comments" and "notes" field..
Shelly P

Re: Problem I'm having with info view on Bookpedia

Post by Shelly P »

OOPS.. just toggled the different info view styles and found "mint" that will display all the proper information, however it doesn't display the full title I gave to one of the custom fields.. (it "elipses" it) but I suppose I could live with that
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Problem I'm having with info view on Bookpedia

Post by Conor »

Subjects tends to be so long that we did not include it on the default info view. Now that our program has a great preference panel we can include it and turn it off in the preferences by default. If you download the beta you will find the subjects are part of the default 'collections' style info view as well. You mention the comments and notes but these I just verified display in the 'collections' style. The info views are actually HTML based and can be modified to fit your needs (check the included help). For example you could take the Mint style and change the ellipsis behavior or if very long move the custom field to the bottom with the subject and comments fields so that it has more space to grow.