Managing an auddiobook collection

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Gospel

Managing an auddiobook collection

Post by Gospel »

Hi all,

I'm new to using Bookpedia. I'm hoping that I can use it to better catalog my audiobook collection which has 300+ audiobooks all of which is stored in iTunes. First off I don't see fields specifically related to audiobooks. So, I've renamed the field Custom 1 to be Length so I can track the length of audiobooks. Would be nice for some new functionality built around a Length field to give me time based statistics. But this request is for the New Features part of this forum.

My main question is how do many of you manage audiobook collections? Most of my content is from Audible.com and is in iTunes. Is there a way to import the titles of my audiobooks into Bookpedia from iTunes? BTW, I also bought CDpedia and DVDpedia as a bundle if that helps.

Also, it would be nice to have a script that will add direct file links that points to the .aa, .aax, and .m4b files.

Any help will be appreciated. Also, other audiobook related tips are welcome.

Thanks & enjoy life!
Steven
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Managing an auddiobook collection

Post by Conor »

We have been meaning to write an import for iTunes audiobooks such as the ones we have in CDpedia and DVDpedia. If you don't mind sending us your information an extensive audiobook library export from iTunes would be extremely helpful for building the import. Select your audiobook collection in iTunes and use the export playlist command under the File-->Library menu and select the XML format option to create a file that can be emailed to us. We would definitely import the link to the file, but you are correct that Bookpedia was not originally set up for audiobook fields such as length, so we have to think about how to handle that for now (adding new fields is not an easy update).
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

After starting this thread, it occurred to me that this topic would fit better under the PediaTalk discussions.

BTW, I emailed my exported Audiobook playlist to the support email address.

Thanks,
Steven
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

I got your response to my email. Will follow your instructions when I get home.

Thanks,
Steven
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the file and hope the import goes well. I will move the discussion over to PediaTalk.