[DVDPedia] YesAsia Plug-in ... What's it do?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

[DVDPedia] YesAsia Plug-in ... What's it do?

Post by sitenoise »

If I locate a title at YesAsia and drag the url icon to DVDPedia, nothing happens. And I have no idea how to "Get Advanced Info" using it. They have their own catalog number but no ASIN or UPC that I can determine. So ... what's the point? What am I missing?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: [DVDPedia] YesAsia Plug-in ... What's it do?

Post by Nora »

The drag and drop feature doesn't work with all the sites since it depends on the URL provided. But you can do a keyword or UPC search in DVDpedia directly using yesasia as your search site. The advanced search for yesasia works just like it does for all the other sites - select the entry you want in DVDpedia and choose 'Get advanced info' from under the Advanced menu or use the little gear button in the add/edit window. (The advantage of the gear button is that if there is more than one possible result returned, you can see the results to choose the right one.)
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: [DVDPedia] YesAsia Plug-in ... What's it do?

Post by sitenoise »

Nora wrote:(The advantage of the gear button is that if there is more than one possible result returned, you can see the results to choose the right one.)
That's nice. Thanks. I hate it when I'm oblivious to the obvious goodies. :oops: