Multi-CD display in "Info View" of CD-pedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
jstor

Multi-CD display in "Info View" of CD-pedia

Post by jstor »

Is it possible to display disc number and track number automatically in the "Info View" (and disc number in "Edit"). When I enter my classical music collection, I can see track number in "Edit" but no disc number. Although each disc is separated, I still want to see the disc number before the track number. I see a blank column before the track number, which should be the place for disc number, but I cannot edit it. And in "Info View," I cannot even see the track number. I think there should be some efficient ways to show the disc and track number rather than adding them manually in the track name (especially I already split the tracks and name them accordingly in "Edit"). Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you!

The track information appears as below (these tracks are from two disc, but cannot tell the disc number and even the track number in the "Info View" unless I put them manually in the track name, which I try to avoid):

Piano Sonata No. 1 in F minor, Op. 2- I. Allegro
Piano Sonata No. 1 in F minor, Op. 2- II. Adagio
Piano Sonata No. 1 in F minor, Op. 2- III. Menuetto. Allegretto
Piano Sonata No. 1 in F minor, Op. 2- IV. Prestissimo
Piano Sonata No. 2 in A major, Op. 2- I. Allegro vivace
Piano Sonata No. 2 in A major, Op. 2- II. Largo appassionato
Piano Sonata No. 2 in A major, Op. 2- III. Scherzo. Allegretto
Piano Sonata No. 2 in A major, Op. 2- IV. Rondo. Grazioso
Piano Sonata No. 3 in C major, Op. 2- I. Allegro con brio
Piano Sonata No. 3 in C major, Op. 2- II. Adagio
Piano Sonata No. 3 in C major, Op. 2- III. Scherzo. Allegro
Piano Sonata No. 3 in C major, Op. 2- IV. Allegro assai
Piano Sonata No. 4 in E-flat major, Op. 7- I. Allegro molto e con brio
Piano Sonata No. 4 in E-flat major, Op. 7- Largo, con gran espressione
Piano Sonata No. 4 in E-flat major, Op. 7- Allegro
Piano Sonata No. 4 in E-flat major, Op. 7- Rondo. Poco Allegretto e grazioso
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Multi-CD display in "Info View" of CD-pedia

Post by Nora »

The info view templates are all based on HTML so you can customize them to fit your needs. To add the track number before the titles, ctrl-click the CDpedia application icon and choose 'Show package contents/Contents/Resources/WebViewFiles'. Then look for the template you'd like to customize and open it with any good text editor. Then you just have to add "list-style-type: decimal;" to the CSS.
To find out more about customizing the templates, take a look at the Help file under 'Working with CDpedia/Customizing info view templates'.
To save your template, create a new folder titled 'InfoTemplates' inside your home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia and place the template in there. For any images, you have to create a folder inside 'InfoTemplates' named 'Images'. If you were to keep the template inside the application with the other info view templates, the template would get overwritten every time you update the program.

If you don't have any experience with HTML, let me know which info view template it is that you want to use and I can guide you through the editing process.
jstor

Post by jstor »

Thank you for the reply. I would really appreciate if you can guide me through modifying the template for I have no experience in it at all. :( I use "Collection" and "Classical" interchangeably, so it would be great if you can teach me how to modify these two templates.

And, is it possible to add disc number command in the template as well? And how to add track number in the "Track" section? Now it looks like:
[blank column] 1 track name
[blank column] 2 track name
[blank column] 11 track name
[blank column] 1 track name
[blank column] 2 track name

I hope it can show info like:
Disc 1 1 track name
Disc 1 2 track name
Disc 1 11 track name
Disc 2 1 track name
Disc 2 2 track name

Again, thank you so much for the help!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Here's what you'd have to change in the "Classical" template: open the template with a good text editor (if you're using TextEdit, be sure to use the Open command and tell it to 'Ignore rich text format' so that it'll display the actual text file for you and not the HTML). Then look for the line:

Code: Select all

<!--IFtracks
and replace everything between that and

ENDtracks-->
with the following:

<!--IFtracks
<div class="tracks">
<ul>
[tracksBegin]
<div style="margin-bottom: 10px;">
<li style="list-style-type: decimal;">[track:name] [track:duration][durationSeparation: (*)]</li>
IF_Tartist<div style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 10px; list-style-type: none;">[translate:artist]: [track:artist]</div>END_Tartist
IF_Tcomposer<div style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 10px;">[translate:composer]: [track:composer]</div>END_Tcomposer
</div>
[tracksEnd]
</ul>
</div>
ENDtracks-->
Then save the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia/InfoTemplates. (If that InfoTemplates folder doesn't exist yet, create a new one with that title.) The reason you need to save the customized template in there is that otherwise CDpedia will overwrite it the next time you download an update. You might want to give it a different name too, so you'll remember that's the template you customized; for example "MyClassical".

For the "Collection" template, the change is a bit different. First you have to add the following CSS somewhere between the

<body>  and </body>
tags (you'll see similar CSS entries already there already):

.tracks {
	background-color: #8190AF;
	float: right;
	clear: right;
	width: 100%;
	border: thin solid #999999;
	margin: 5px 0px 0px 10px;
	padding: 5px 5px 5px 0px;
}
.tracks ul {
	margin: 0px 0px 0px -5px;
	list-style-type: decimal;
	white-space: nowrap;
	overflow: hidden;
	width: 98%;
}
Then further down look for the line

<!--IFtracks
. Here, change the

<div class="links">
to

<div class="tracks">
. Again, save the file in the InfoTemplates folder in your CDpedia data folder and give it a new name so you'll remember this is one of the templates you've edited.

Now when you look at the templates in CDpedia, you'll see the track numbers next to the entries.

At the moment it's not possible to have the program include the disc number for you in the templates but thanks for the suggestion. We'll keep that in mind for the future.

Let me know if you run into any trouble with the template editing or have any further questions about it.
jstor

Post by jstor »

Thank you so much for the detailed instruction, its' very helpful.

I've edited the templates, it works but few problems remain:
1. The "Classical" template looks fine, but the track numbers would not separate by disc. So one of my collection consists of 4 CDs turns out look like one CD with 40 songs. In the "Edit," the four discs are split, so the track numbers are like "1, 2, 3...8" "1, 2...14" "1, 2,...9" "1, 2...9." Is it possible to have the track number display like what it looks like in "Edit"?

2. In the "Collection" template, after I make modification, there are black dots instead of track number showing in front of each track . Should I do something in the template to add track number? And in the modified template, the "rating" area disappears, only see a white lined column box. The small + sign of the link is also replaced by ? mark. I'd like to know how to solve this problem.

Again, I truly appreciate your help. I am glad to join Bruji, your softwares make my life wonderful!!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Could you email me your templates so I can take a look at them here? That often makes it easier to figure out how to fix a problem. :) You'll find our email on the support page.