Smart Collection using the Theatrical field

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
operator99
Contributor
Contributor

Smart Collection using the Theatrical field

Post by operator99 »

What I am trying to do is use the Theatrical field to group my collection by year of release, by decade. For instance, I want to be able to see all films from the 30's - 1930-1939. Unfortunately, since Theatrical doesn't have a "contains" function, this doesn't seem possible. I can make a 30's collection by sorting by Theatrical and then selecting all the 30's titles and making a new collection, but of course any newly added 30's films don't get included. I was thinking that if I could duplicate the data in the Theatrical field to a custom field and it allowed "contain" then I could just have the contains be "193", which is what I would do for Theatrical if I could. I don't see a way to copy one field's column data to another field. Any thoughts, help would be appreciated.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Smart Collection using the Theatrical field

Post by Nora »

To create a smart collection 'by decade' you want to set the following criteria: Release is before 1/1/1940 AND Release is after 31/12/1929. Set the match to 'ALL'. That'll catch all the films that were released in the 1930s.
operator99
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Smart Collection using the Theatrical field

Post by operator99 »

Thanks Nora, that did it! Ashamed I didn't figure that out myself, but let that be our little secret :-)