Will there be a 5.0 for DVDpedia, etc soon?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
gottadoit
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Will there be a 5.0 for DVDpedia, etc soon?

Post by gottadoit »

Hi,

I am curious if there is going to be a new version of DVDpedia soon perhaps with the release of Snow Leopard. If so, will it work with Leopard (PPC)?

I hope you don't go to Intel only too fast. Adobe has announced that the next version of Photoshop is Intel only. :(

Thanks.

Gotta
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Will there be a 5.0 for DVDpedia, etc soon?

Post by Conor »

The release of 5.0 is not imminent so there is no telling what the requirements for it will be. I would however not worry about losing PowerPC support as the Pedias wouldn't gain from the new technologies. I believe Photoshop is going Snow Leopard only in order to use the new OpenCL system where processing is done by the graphics chip as well as the CPU and can be ported more easily. The current versions run well on Snow Leopard except for a few minor drawing issues with the gradients in the cover flow. There will be an update soon addressing these issues so that the Pedias will be Snow Leopard ready.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:There will be an update soon addressing these issues so that the Pedias will be Snow Leopard ready.
Before more people ask about Bruji product compatibility with Snow Leopard (which seems increasingly likely to happen) maybe you can post a brief, official statement to the News subforum and/or Bruji News "blog"? That way when someone does ask because they've missed your statement they can be easily referred to it. Thanks!

Example: Shirt Pocket Watch - Snow Leopard and SuperDuper!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sounds like a good idea, we are very close to releasing the next update at which point we can release a Snow Leopard specific news with links to match.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Thanks, Conor.

Glad to know PPC Macs will still be supported, hopefully at least as long as my iMac G5 remains my primary system for DVDpedia usage. :)