Selecting iTunes purchases?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
jschaffe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Selecting iTunes purchases?

Post by jschaffe »

(Sorry, I posted this in Support before I realized it would be better in this forum!)

First ALL my data in CDPedia came from iTunes, and for the time being I do not intend to add any information to CDPedia that I can't reimport from iTunes (in other words, my iTunes Library is my master source). My iTunes Library is extensive (over 24,000 tracks), and contains music from three major sources: music I've ripped from CD (all in Apple Lossless), music I've purchased from the iTunes store, and music I've purchased from Amazon.

Here's the problem: I often want to list, search, and browse music I've obtained as complete albums. Both the iTunes store tracks and the Amazon tracks include the weekly freebies they offer, and I'd like a view that ideally filters out the freebies. I'd settle for a view that filters out anything purchased from iTunes store or Amazon, although there are a few albums I purchased that I'd really prefer to appear in my main list. How can I do this?

First, everything I've imported from iTunes is marked as a "Complete Album", even singles of the week, individual free tracks from albums where I did not purchase any of the non-free tracks, and individual mp3 files from long, long ago. I'm not sure why this is the case, but there it is.

Second, I've managed to discover that I can create an "Amazon" Smart Collection (or a "No Amazon" one, at least), because the Comment field contains the word "amazon" on all the tracks I got from them. (Still catches albums I've purchased, but...)

My current conundrum is how to identify iTunes store purchases. Since track "Kind" (file type) and bit rate data is not imported to CDPedia, I don't seem to have any information available to select against.

Any suggestions?