Exporting CDPedia tables to Excel

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
peachpit
Inductee
Inductee

Exporting CDPedia tables to Excel

Post by peachpit »

Hello! I am trying to export tables from CDPedia. I am able to get most of what I need using the export options. But, I also want to export the tracks (names, numbers) with their ID that identifies the CD represented. Is this possible?

Thank you so much for any help you can give.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Exporting CDPedia tables to Excel

Post by Conor »

The regular text export relies on what can be displayed on the table view. To get the track names you need to create your own export template to use with the text export option. You create a text file with .txt extension and place it in your home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia/Templates. It could look something like this:

Code: Select all

<!--BeginRepeat-->[key:title],[key:artist][key:alltheotherfieldsyouwouldbeinterestedin],[tracksBegin][track:name],[track:artist],[track:duration],[track:composer][tracksEnd]
<!--EndRepeat-->
We don't keep the ID that tie a track back to the iTunes, it something we have to do for a future version.
mikedt

Post by mikedt »

Where can I go to find out the field names for a custom export?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You can find all the tags on this page. (If you use the program in English, the tags reflect the actual names of the fields.)