PocketPedia 2 is in the App Store!

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: PocketPedia 2 is in the App Store!

Post by Ted »

Conor wrote:@weirded76
Will it be possible to use Pocketpedia 1 with the new version (4.5.4) of dvdpedia ? Will Pocketpedia 1 continue to do a full sync?
The new versions will take out the Amazon info as well for the old Pocketpedia, in fact by default on a new install the Pedias won't sync with the old Pocketpedia. The old Pocketpedia lets you link back to Amazon and I think this is what they want to avoid and hence we are disabling that information for both versions.
I did a full synch with PocketPedia 1 before doing the upgrade, so at least I'd have all the then current info, and will continue using PocketPedia1 side by side with PocketPedia2 (long live the 32GB iPhone :mrgreen:)

Presumably I will still be able to use the 4.5.3 version of the Pedias (which I saved) to resynch newer info with PP1, until the DB is no longer backwards compatible -- perhaps Conor will alert us when DB compatibility breaks.
Miesmacher
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Miesmacher »

Miesmacher wrote:What's strange still is that changes in Bookpedia (I changed the rating for a book) do not seem to be synced to Pocketpedia by normal sync - same as a change of rating in Pocketpedia does not get synced back.

I did another "full sync" but for minor changes this seems rather tedious... (as it syncs covers as well). I interrupted that sync (when the covers were syncing) and noticed that the changes to the ratings had still not been synced.
After updating Bookpedia (just per Conor's advice to Paula) it now seems to work fine. Which is great now leisure time in a train can be used to complete book ratings...

Cheerio,
Thorsten
bcassid
Inductee
Inductee

Post by bcassid »

There is NO PocketPedia in the App Store!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

No, unfortunately it isn't anymore. Please take a look at this post on our blog for more details on why that's the case. (There are also several threads in this forum covering the discussion at length.)
We're currently working on a solution to this issue which will allow us to bring Pocketpedia back for the iPhone as well as start work on a dedicated iPad app.