PocketPedia 2 is in the App Store!

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
snowcrash

PocketPedia 2 is in the App Store!

Post by snowcrash »

Just wanted to let everyone know that PocketPedia 2 is now available at the App Store!!!

Thanks Bruji!!
-Aaron
Conor
Top Dog

Re: PocketPedia 2 is in the App Store!

Post by Conor »

4.5.4 is out to go with it. :D
grasstust
Captain
Captain

Post by grasstust »

Wow! And on my birthday, I couldn't ask for a better present!

Thank you so much!
snowcrash

Post by snowcrash »

Conor wrote:4.5.4 is out to go with it. :D
Sweet! Didn't know that. Awesome.
Shady
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shady »

Now I'm using PocketPedia(1) :D
And want to know What Different between PocketPedia and PocketPedia2 ?? :?

Thanks! .. :D
rfield

Post by rfield »

This is superb news - thank-you. My iphone feels better already!
(and thank-you for not giving up after Amazon threw their toys out of the pram!)
RF
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

want to know What Different between PocketPedia and PocketPedia2 ?
The main differences are: no Amazon search; no tab bar necessary (giving more space); new sync engine that is not affected by the Mac OS X firewall; new all fields search preference; two way sync (change the personal rating, borrow an item, move it or remove it are all changes that are synced back to the desktop Pedias); and then a number of small fixes (title wraps using two lines, date added displayed, ascending date sorting is possible, covers not changed are not synced on update – improving speeds, busy indicator when deleting a collection, new borrowed icon...).
Shady
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shady »

Thank You Conner! .. :D

Now i have both versions on my Mac.(1 on my iPhone) .. And maybe i'll sync both of its with my DVDPedia! ^ ^
(is that OK.??) :?:
llaack
Contributor
Contributor

Post by llaack »

Absolutely brilliant! It's been a long wait but well worth it...
Raca

Post by Raca »

Pocketpedia2 is a big step backward for me:
I synchronize it with DVDpedia and most of the information of my DVDs are absent (Director, Studio, Genre, etc.) - I don't know if it is not synced, or if it is synced but not displayed.
And the Summary on most of my DVDs just displays "The item contains information from Amazon. That data was not synced to respect the Amazon terms of services".
The big problem here is that almost all these summaries were personalized by myself. I sometimes even replaced the original summary with another one.
Everything seems fine in DVDpedia.
What's wrong?

Some info:
Mac OS 10.5.8 (set in French language)
DVDpedia 4.5.4
iPhone 3GS 16GB, OS 3.1.2 (French)
Pocketpedia2 2.0
550 items in my database
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I don't know if it is not synced, or if it is synced but not displayed. And the Summary on most of my DVDs just displays "The item contains information from Amazon. That data was not synced to respect the Amazon terms of services". The big problem here is that almost all these summaries were personalized by myself.
DVDpedia does not keep a tag for each field from where the information came from. It uses the URL field that links back to Amazon to determine that at some point some of the information came from Amazon. It then does not sync all the details for that entry to respect the term of agreement with Amazon. We hope there might be a change to the TOS in the future in which case we can enable a full sync for items with an Amazon URL link back. So even though you personally wrote the summary DVDpedia has no way of knowing that the summary is not from Amazon.
vizkiz
Inductee
Inductee

Post by vizkiz »

I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere, but is at least one of the Mac programs required (in my case, DVDPedia) to start a collection? I downloaded Pocketpedia2 to my iPhone, but don't see any option to start a collection, just one to sync. I do not own a mac, or know anyone who's mac I can use for this.
Raca

Post by Raca »

Conor wrote:DVDpedia does not keep a tag for each field from where the information came from. It uses the URL field that links back to Amazon to determine that at some point some of the information came from Amazon. It then does not sync all the details for that entry to respect the term of agreement with Amazon. We hope there might be a change to the TOS in the future in which case we can enable a full sync for items with an Amazon URL link back. So even though you personally wrote the summary DVDpedia has no way of knowing that the summary is not from Amazon.
Thank you very much for your answer!
Raca

Post by Raca »

Raca wrote:Pocketpedia2 is a big step backward for me
I apologize for having been too fast to judge...
Pocketpedia2 is indeed a big step FORWARD! And it's a free update :D
And the developer is very responsive.
Thank you!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

@vizkiz - Yes, you need to have at least one of the Pedia programs to sync your collection over to Pocketpedia2. There is no more Amazon search option in this version due to their terms of services prohibiting Amazon data to be used on mobile devices.