Printing a single books' record in Bookpedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
phule92
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Printing a single books' record in Bookpedia

Post by phule92 »

Is it possible to print a single record of a book with Bookpedia, say, just the main window? Or does that require creating a template, exporting the single record as text and then printing it :?:
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Printing a single books' record in Bookpedia

Post by Nora »

To print just one entry from your Bookpedia database, select the entry and choose 'New collection from selection' from the File menu. Then select that collection and choose 'Print' from the File menu. In the print feature, you'll find several different templates under the Templates tab, including one that is only the cover image.
phule92
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by phule92 »

Nora wrote:To print just one entry from your Bookpedia database, select the entry and choose 'New collection from selection' from the File menu. Then select that collection and choose 'Print' from the File menu. In the print feature, you'll find several different templates under the Templates tab, including one that is only the cover image.
This doesn't do the print job I'd like as the only templates currently available are as follows:

Borrowed
ListColor
ListThick
SmallCovers
Table

I looked at Bookpedia.app/Contents/Resources/Templates/ and the only available template that comes close to what I want is the file SingleEntry.html Would renaming this file to PrintingSingleEntry.html add it to the list of templates and allow me to print the basic information of a single book?

If possible, please consider adding to future Bookpedias the ability to print a single books' main edit page regardless of the fields listed.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

For just the cover image, there is a "Covers" tab in the print sheet that should print only the cover of the book, the size to print the cover at can also be set.
I looked at Bookpedia.app/Contents/Resources/Templates/ and the only available template that comes close to what I want is the file SingleEntry.html Would renaming this file to PrintingSingleEntry.html add it to the list of templates and allow me to print the basic information of a single book?

If this template is closer to what you want, you can indeed rename it to PrintingSingleEntry.html to have it show up under the printing options. But actually make a copy of the template file into your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Templates (you might have to create the Templates folder). This way you can modify the template to fit your needs and it will also not be deleted when you upgrade the Bookpedia.app.
phule92
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by phule92 »

Conor wrote:For just the cover image, there is a "Covers" tab in the print sheet that should print only the cover of the book, the size to print the cover at can also be set.

If this template is closer to what you want, you can indeed rename it to PrintingSingleEntry.html to have it show up under the printing options. But actually make a copy of the template file into your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Templates (you might have to create the Templates folder). This way you can modify the template to fit your needs and it will also not be deleted when you upgrade the Bookpedia.app.
Thanks, this will do just fine for now. With more experience, I'll see about editing the copy of the template.