copy as bibliography

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
blindcorpse
Inductee
Inductee

copy as bibliography

Post by blindcorpse »

I'm a new BookPedia user, having just switched over from Delicious Library. I'm especially looking forward to being able to access my collections on the iPhone. :D

But, somehow "copy" and "copy as bibliography" aren't working for me the way I would expect. That is, both copy the book title and nothing else. :(

Shouldn't "copy as bibliography" at least copy all the entries fields, or perhaps the ones relevant to a formal bibliography?

Right now I'm writing an article, for which I'm building up the bibliography as I go along. I've looked at previous messages in this forum, and I've examined the help and preferences. Do I have to specify the fields I want copied, so as to get an MLA-compliant (or, preferably, Chicago Manual of Style-compliant) entry output?

I look forward to any assistance anyone can provide! :!:
Nora
Site Admin

Re: copy as bibliography

Post by Nora »

The 'Copy as Bibliography' should copy all the fields relevant to an MLA style bibliography (title, author, publisher, etc.). Then when you go into a text editor program and press 'Paste' the information should appear pre-formatted in bibliography style.
Do you have all the relevant information input in your database? If so, yet the 'copy as bibliography' still isn't working for you, could you send us your Database.pediadata file so we can take a look at your data directly and hopefully reproduce the problem here? You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.pediadata. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) Thanks!
You'll find our email on the support page.