Column for OK/Not OK - Bookpedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
MrBlomquist

Column for OK/Not OK - Bookpedia

Post by MrBlomquist »

Hi Could anybody help me write a plugin that gives me the option for a new column where I can choose some kind of icon for books that I have / have not.

More detail:
If I have entered a whole series of books (in my case comics!) I want a column that gives me the option to mark with three different icons; one for OK i.e. a green circle with a white checked symbol; one for missing i.e. red circle with a minus symbol; one for "have to check collection" i.e. grey circle with a question mark in it.

I don't know how to write the code myself, so I need some help from you guys out there.

MrBlomquist
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Column for OK/Not OK - Bookpedia

Post by Conor »

Images are not possible as a column as opposed to the info view (in the info view they could be based of the value of a custom field). However, there is a status column that will display images. For example a star for all comics in the wish list. (The icon can be changed inside the program's resources folder for a red circle with a minus. In fact one of users already created such icons on our extras page). By selecting your wish list and using the "Include Collection in Library" under the file menu. You can then drag items into the wish list to mark them with the missing icon. If you also happen to not be using the borrowed collection you could use that one for the need to be checked icon and borrow them to yourself and ignore the value of the borrowed by field.

Thank you for the enhancement request. We will keep it mind to try to make a custom field/column that can handle images. Right now, not even with a plug-in is it possible to add another images column into the program.
MrBlomquist

Re: Column for OK/Not OK - Bookpedia

Post by MrBlomquist »

Hi Conor

That works great, and suits my needs almost perfectly :D
Only thing, it's a minor one, is the borrow by and date window that have to be blanked out.

Thanks.

MrBlomquist