Batch update of Links

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
mthegrk
Contributor
Contributor

Batch update of Links

Post by mthegrk »

I have 3 NAS devices that hold a number of movies that I have entered into DVDPedia. I have also installed the DVDPedia plugin for Front Row in order to view the metadata and play these movies from my mac mini. Unfortunately, when I initially set up the shares on my NAS devices, the folder names being shared were similar from device to device. As such, I have had to enter the file link associated with each movie as "/net/<IPADDRESS>/DataVolume/Share" rather than "/Volume/Share". This helps ensure that even if the mac has not mounted to all the NAS devices, I will only connect/reference the one I want, and not the first share that appears as "/Volume/Share" or "/Volume/Share-1" for example.

I am now in a position where I would like to consolidate all my movies onto a separate NAS device. This means that there will be links with an incorrect IP ADDRESS stored in the database, and therefore not accessible unless I edit the links one at a time manually. Has anyone tried to export the database with the associated links, and then import them again to modify the links in batch? I'm assuming I can take an ascii file and do a string search and replace one IP ADDRESS with another. I've been poking around the web site for templates I may be able to use, or a method to open the database and use direct SQL to make the batch update, but so far no luck.

Anyone faced with a similar situation?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Batch update of Links

Post by Nora »

Take a look at this thread for information on how to batch change links.
mthegrk
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Batch update of Links

Post by mthegrk »

Thanks Nora. I found a similar thread earlier, but this one appears to be clearer and looks like what I am asking for. I'll give this a try and update the thread with my results.