SlipCover for nice cover art

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
-LD
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

SlipCover for nice cover art

Post by -LD »

http://www.bohemiancoding.com/slipcover/create.html

Just ran across this today. Cool utility to create nice cover art. It exports as icns. Can add an overlay of blu-ray, certain consoles, etc. Very cool.

Can or do the Pedias support icns so I can simply replace the originals?
TylerInHiFi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: SlipCover for nice cover art

Post by TylerInHiFi »

I've actually been using the original graphic files from this to create my own in higher resolution. I found them freely available via Google (and I do mean freely available, as in not pirated) and was able to modify them to my liking. They look great, so for anyone who doesn't want to do the work themselves, I'd say this is probably a great program.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: SlipCover for nice cover art

Post by Conor »

DVDpedia could read the ICNS files but they would still need to be named "1.jpg". Another option is drag and drop technique has the advantage of letting DVDpedia translate the ICNS into JPEG making for a much smaller file (not only takes less space but DVDpedia can load faster for things like Cover Flow). SlipCover does not put an image in the pasteboard to allow for easy drag and dropping, you have to stop by a Desktop first to create a file, then drag that back to DVDpedia. Another issue with SlipCover is the addition of a transparent boarder around the image that it creates. I would use a regular image program and batch update the covers folder by adding the desired template ad keeping the file a JPEG. The ones included with the applications are inside SlipCovers.app/PlugIns/Cases (they are there twice) and those installed are at ~/Library/Application Support/SlipCover/X.case/Images.