Sync- mac to mac

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
BrennanBones
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Sync- mac to mac

Post by BrennanBones »

Is it possible to sync the library from one mac to another? For example, I'd like DVDpedia on my laptop and on my mac mini to show the same library. If I then add 5 movies to the library on my laptop, is there a way to sync it so that the mac mini would have it too (without having to add them one by one)?

Thanks.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Sync- mac to mac

Post by sjk »

BrennanBones
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by BrennanBones »

Thanks. For some reason, when I searched, it kept giving me only the sync with pocketpedia links...

Thanks again.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Difference might be that I searched for dropbox, knowing it would hit at least a few sync-related topics. Plenty of forum experience makes it obvious that searching for something previously seen is near-guaranteed to be more productive than doing it cold. :)

Whenever I suggest that someone search I also like to suggest keywords (if known) to try, hoping they'll appreciate that more than a flippant "use search" type of response. Usually I prefer phrasing it as a "have you tried searching for <x>?" question. How to encourage people to search, preferably before posting, can be a tricky, touchy topic. Best never to blindly assume someone hasn't tried searching, even when it temptingly seems like they haven't.

But enough about that. Thanks for the thanks, hopefully saving you a bit of effort by my doing some of the searching for you… this time. :)
d9pouces
Captain
Captain

Post by d9pouces »

I'm working on a command-line synchronization tool in Python, for all of the Pedias (Book-, CD-, DVD- and Gamepedia).
However, it is still requiring to have both Pedia databases available on volumes on the local machine, like a SMB- or AFP-shared directory.

Everything is working well, but I need to give the ability to select the right element in case of conflict on a per-element basis (currently, you only have a global option to always select the most recent, the oldest, or one database in case of conflict).
Do you think that this tool could help you?