Linked DVD do not play

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
imacmoe

Linked DVD do not play

Post by imacmoe »

I am in the process of trying out this great piece of software and is on the verge of ordering my copy. However, I am having a strange behavior and was wondering if any one else has experienced this problem.On some movies the DVD do not play from within the Dvdpedia interface.I also have the same problem with Frontrow. Like I said this only happens to some movies.
If I use VLC, I can only play the movie but do nothing else..eg. select a scene,subtites,etc.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Linked DVD do not play

Post by Alex »

The first things to determine are:
  • The movies that don't play within DVDpedia, what format are they in?
  • What happens when you double-click these movies from the Finder?

Bruji Support Team
imacmoe

Post by imacmoe »

The movie are in the VOB files format and when I double click in finder nothing happens. Sometimes it would launch in DVDpedia but only the intro would play.Any action to choose a menu option would bring me back to the DVDpedia main screen. In Frontrow it would say "loading DVD" and then quit to the desktop.
I am using the same ripper to all my movies.
Thanks!!!!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Be sure to link the enclosing VIDEO_TS folder instead of the VOB files for better results. Open the links tab and delete the end of the URL, so that it ends in "/VIDEO_TS" and then give it another try. Should launch with DVD Player, if you want to launch VIDEO_TS folders with VLC you must open a terminal window and use the following command:

Code: Select all

defaults write com.bruji.dvdpedia "VLC for VIDEO_TS" -bool YES