Need feedback for template

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
mac-cypher

Need feedback for template

Post by mac-cypher »

Hi everyone,

it's my first post. And it's my first template for DVDPedia.
I modified the iPhoneGrouped template "a little bit" to my own needs and translated it into german. I adapted the original iPhone-Safari colors and styles and I added a neat DVD-Case overlay for the covers. The information in this template are very restricted because I don't need the whole stuff. In my DVDPedia library are a custom field for inventary numbers in my shelf (that's the little code under the movie title). In the case you want to add this to your iPhone homescreen I implemented a DVDPedia logo so you have a icon for this "webapp".

But I don't want to say too much.
I would be very pleased if somebody could get me some feedback/inspiration/feature request/localization to this template.

Please have look at (best viewed with iPhone in vertical mode): http://willdesignforfood.de/dvdpedia/

or have a quick look at this screenshot:
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Need feedback for template

Post by Alex »

Hello, I haven't had a chance to load it up on my iPhone, but the screenshots look very nice.
mac-cypher

Post by mac-cypher »

Hi Alex,
thx a lot.

Erm, do you have any problems to access the website or what's the problem?
It should work, I tried it just in this minute.

Regs
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

No, no problem with the website. I just meant I didn't have my iPhone handy at the time. I just now checked the site with my iPhone and it looks very good. I like it, very iPhonish :)
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Alex wrote:No, no problem with the website. I just meant I didn't have my iPhone handy at the time. I just now checked the site with my iPhone and it looks very good. I like it, very iPhonish :)
It is very nice. Very 'iPhonish' as you say :)

I wish someone with these html talents would do some more info view templates!

Kind regards,

Keith
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The index fits very well with the iPhone. Thank you for sharing those updates with the rest of us, it will be useful when updating those templates. I would like to integrate the search ability that April built into her full screen template to an iPhone template; makes it a lot easier with large libraries on the iPhone.
mac-cypher

Post by mac-cypher »

Thanks a lot, guys. And yes, it is very iPhonish (keep this phrase in mind ;) ).
Is somebody interested in this template? I would share it to all.
The only thing I need to know is which DVDPedia entries would be essential for an official release.
Any suggestions?

Btw.: I'm currently working on another template that is working closer to the iPhone-Safari functions: dropdownlist for navigation for example and more AJAX for the coolness factor ;) .