Finding cover images

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
dacarson
Inductee
Inductee

Finding cover images

Post by dacarson »

I want to extract a cover image to add to the ISFDB. I know that they are in the Covers folder of the Bookpedia library but the names don't match the ID numbers in the list. You also don't seem to be able to drag or save just the cover image from any of the views. Am I overlooking something? I can just browse the folder with thumbnails but I have over 4000 books entered.
noribori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Finding cover images

Post by noribori »

Dragging from the smaller window below the collections list should do the job (I tried it with the latest beta)
http://www.bruji.com/dvdpedia/beta.zip
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

dacarson wrote:I want to extract a cover image to add to the ISFDB. I know that they are in the Covers folder of the Bookpedia library but the names don't match the ID numbers in the list. You also don't seem to be able to drag or save just the cover image from any of the views. Am I overlooking something? I can just browse the folder with thumbnails but I have over 4000 books entered.
Right click the cover image at the bottom left of the screen and select 'show in Finder'. That opens Finder and highlights the image for you.

Kind regards.

Keith
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

Both are correct. As Keith pointed out, right-click and Show in Finder will highlight the cover image for you. I just wanted to add that to replace any cover image you drag from the finder into the image well and the cover will be replaced. So...

To edit an existing cover image:

1. Right-click on the image
2. Choose Show in Finder
3. Edit the image in your favourite app (for most people that will be Photoshop)

To replace a cover image:

1. Select the entry so that the image well is visible
2. Drag from the finder onto the existing image, it will be replaced

Cheers