DVDPedia slowing down

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
revox1
Contributor
Contributor

DVDPedia slowing down

Post by revox1 »

I have made a folder called "Actors" in DVDPedia which holds about 40 smart collections. The smart collection has the rule "any credit name" "contains" and then the actors name.

Thing is, if I open the actors folder in DVDPedia and look at some of the collections and then close "Actors folder" I get the spinning wheel and it takes about 15 to 20 seconds to close the folder.

I have a pretty fast MacPro 2 x 2.66Ghz Dual Core with 3 Gb memory and my DVDPedia collection is about 4500 titles.

Any suggestions to solve this?
Last edited by revox1 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDPedia slowing down

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the feedback. What is happening is that when you select a folder all the smart collections inside have to be checked to make sure they are up to date in order to display the entire folder's content. "Any credit name" is the most time consuming of those operations, making the time lapse noticeable. I will look into a speed boast or optimization. However, in the meantime to avoid selecting the folder when closing it be sure to select a collection outside of the folder before clicking on the close arrow. This way the selection will not collapse to the folder on close, causing a refresh of the folder.
revox1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DVDPedia slowing down

Post by revox1 »

Thanks Conor!

The solution you mention works.