I would like to mark a movie like I would like to see

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

I would like to mark a movie like I would like to see

Post by judocama »

How can mark a movie like I would like to see?

Thanks in advance.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: I would like to mark a movie like I would like to see

Post by Conor »

There are a number of ways, but my personal preference is creating a new collection (with the plus button on the bottom left of the main window). Name it "To See" and then drag and drop any movies you still want to see from your library collection to that collection. As you watch each movie you select them in the "To See" collection and press the delete key. Other options include using a custom field/column to track that information or a particular tag in the tags field. If your not using the wish list collection, you can use it for this purpose as well, giving you the advantages that it marks the movies in your Library with a star in the status column as well (you must select the wish list and under the file menu run the command "Include Collection in Library", as by default the movies in the wish list are taken out of the library).
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: I would like to mark a movie like I would like to see

Post by kbarnes70 »

carpanta wrote:How can mark a movie like I would like to see?

Thanks in advance.
I don't think this is what you are asking (Conor has answered there) but here's some ways I manage my collection in DVDpedia that might be useful to you too.

I have smart collections called:

1.New Purchases
2.Most Recently Viewed
3.Not Yet Viewed
4.New Releases

1. This uses the rule "Purchased On", "In the last n Days", "180" and shows all my DVDs bought in the last 6 months.
2. This uses the rule "Last Seen", "In the last n Days", "365" and shows all the DVDs I have watched in the last year.
3. This uses the rule "Last Seen", "Is", "blank" and shows all movies I have bought but not yet seen (too many!).
4. This uses the rule "Release", "In the last n Days", "180" and shows DVDs by their release date over the last 6 months.

A variant of 3. might suit your purpose in some way, or these ideas may spark off some ideas of your own. I find the Smart Collections to be one of the best features of DVDpedia and I have so many I can't even remember - I just made some, for example, that show the Video Codec and Sound Formats for Blu-ray discs so I can find all my VC-1 encodes or all the DTS-HD Master Audio etc. Or even both together. The possibilites are enormous, especially when one combines the Rules using 'and'/'or' logic by setting the rule to find records which have 'any' or 'all' of the search terms. I think I have used every single piece of data that DVDpedia offers and made a smart rule from it! Obvious ones are Genres. Actors, Cinematographers, Directors and so on. Less obviously are rules made from the iMDB tags and these could run into literally thousands! One I use from tags is movies which feature the 'Wilhelm Scream' for example.

By using the Smart Collections I can see my DVDs in new ways - for example if I see a movie that particularly impressed me with its score, I can easily view all my other DVDs which have the same Composer.

Have fun!

Kind regards,

Keith