Movies similar calls that are not duplicated

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Movies similar calls that are not duplicated

Post by judocama »

I have some movies in my collection which are called the same way and gives them to me as a duplicate. Is there any way to mark them so they do not do because are different. I put these two examples:

http://www.filmaffinity.com//es/film233736.html

http://www.filmaffinity.com//es/film362073.html

Thanks in advance.
TylerInHiFi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Movies similar calls that are not duplicated

Post by TylerInHiFi »

I've found that as long as they've got different details (ie: release date, theatrical date, etc.) they won't show up as duplicates. It also depends on what information you've got showing up in the main window. If it's just titles, you could always include the year in the title of the movie; Mi mejor amigo (2005), Mi mejor amigo (2006).
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Movies similar calls that are not duplicated

Post by kbarnes70 »

TylerInHiFi wrote:I've found that as long as they've got different details (ie: release date, theatrical date, etc.) they won't show up as duplicates. It also depends on what information you've got showing up in the main window. If it's just titles, you could always include the year in the title of the movie; Mi mejor amigo (2005), Mi mejor amigo (2006).
The main problem I have with Duplicates now is that when I have the same movie on Bluray and also on DVD, it shows up as a duplicate. They do still show up as duplicates even if the details are different. For example, I have Lolita in both its versions and they have different *everything* including release dates, directors, actors etc etc but they still get thrown up as dupes - I suspect it is just looking at the title and not all the fields. Clearly if it looked at all the fields, then Lolita would not be shown as a duplicate as they are two different movies made decades apart. Same with The Manchurian Candidate and any other film that has been remade with the same title.

Kind regards,

Keith