List movies they are not in any collection

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

List movies they are not in any collection

Post by judocama »

how could I get a list of movies they are alone in the film library and not part of any collection?
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: List movies they are not in any collection

Post by sjk »

One method:

In Table view add View > Columns > Collection Names, sort by that column (optional, but easier), and entries with only Library under it aren't in any other collection.

For some reason there's no "Collection Names" criteria to use for Smart Collection matching.
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by judocama »

Yes, I make that but when you have very smart collections is very hard to see its.
Thanks.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

I don't understand what's hard for you to see. When I look under the sorted Collection Names column entries with only Library are easy to pick out from ones also in other collections.
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by judocama »

Example if this film is a dvd (I have a smart collection whith dvd) is of aventures ( I have a smart collectión called Aventures) is from the latest 180 days (I have a smart collection whith the latest 180 days). So I have a smart collections for each hd, so I have ( Hd-movie 1, Hd-movie 2, ect....)

Is difficult to see this film
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

I still don't understand what you mean; maybe posting a screen image would help. I'm suggesting adding the Collection Names column to the main Library collection (and sorting by it), not in any other collections (regular or smart).
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by judocama »

Here you have. Thanks in advance.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

For some reason there's no "Collection Names" criteria to use for Smart Collection matching.
To set up a smart collection with this criteria, use "Movie is in collection Library". You could also add more criteria such as "Movie is not in collection Wishlist" etc.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Ahha! Thanks for jogging my memory about that somewhat-hidden "Movie is (not) in collection …", Nora. I knew this seemed familiar from somewhere. :)

But its usage to obtain what carpanta is requesting using a Smart Collection seems like it could be more hassle to set up than what I'd suggested.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Both suggestions are correct. But this smart collection is a bit complicated to setup, to be a bit more specific it would be based on the number of regular collection that Carpanta has. Apparently he has a large number of smart collections but hopefully not as many regular collections. To setup a smart collection with movies only in the Library, use the following rules with the join opperand set to all:

Code: Select all

Movie is (not) in collection a regular collection
Movie is (not) in collection another regular collection
Movie is (not) in collection last regular collection
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by judocama »

Which is the best way of creating a collection of movies, In small collections (HD DVD 1, 2, etc ...) or the big one and inside it by means of locations every hard disk?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It's a matter of preference. I would go with the location field to enter the hard disk name that a movie is on. This allows all the movies in one single library and with the location attribute available for filtering, sorting and to use in smart collections.

But you might not even need to enter that information if all you want is smart collections for each drive, as you can use the "link url contains/begins with name of a drive" smart collection rule.

If with the previous smart collection question you wanted to identify movies without files linked yet, then it's easier to use the smart collection rule "any link name is [leave blank]" this will list all the movies without a link yet. The opposite (any link name is not [leave blank]) is also true for a smart collection for all the movies that have a link.
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by judocama »

Hi Connor:

I would like to advise me on how to restructure my collection. I have a collection of movies are basically three:
Dvd - Blu-ray - Mkv . Right now I have it structured as follows:
Dvd: I have it divided into shelves (example shelve one, shelve two, etc...) on each shelf I have the dvds always numbered starting with number one, so it is easier to look for me.I have separate shelves also in small collections (example CINEMA GOLD - THE BEST CINEMA, etc...) (I have the dvds also numbered beginning with one).
In DvdPedia this follow: All in individual collections: (example, Shelve one -Shelve two, etc.. CINEMA GOLD - THE BEST CINEMA, etc...) Then I have a smart collection where I have put dvd format rule so I can know all that I have in this format.
Blu-ray: is the same.
Mkv: It is the same as in dvd but instead of shelves are hard disks

You could suggest me which is the way to organize them into DvdPedia? The problem that arises me putting everything in one library is the number of film because I want to keep it so easy to find the numerous films in the far away always starting with one. In any case it would be better to make three libraries taking into account the format?
Thanks for your patience and congratulations again for this fantastic program.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I would use one single database to have the ability to do a combined search when I am looking for a specific movie and don't care what media it's on. I would use the field location (for the shelves as well as the hard drive name) and then the collection ID for your internal numbering system (you can even automate this numbering system for new additions under the edit menu's "Incremental Collection ID").

With the above setup you can then create smart collection as well as regular collection. You can even ad folders if you would like to organize further. You can then also take advantage of the nested sorting to sort movies in a collection by format --> location --> numbering keeping the digital version organized similar to your physical version.
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by judocama »

So no problem for each collection id is the same for each shelve? for example all my shelves would be from number one to eighty dvds that would have many collection id repeats in the collection. On the other hand, I so far used the film library collection to perform a search and I was happy.
What is the difference between film library and my collection of movies?