Bookpedia--Multiple Data Entries in Fields

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
stoney77

Bookpedia--Multiple Data Entries in Fields

Post by stoney77 »

In Bookpedia, there's a field called Genre which permits multiple data entries such as: Nonfiction, Biography, Politicians, for example. Each entry in the field is enclosed in it's own oval shape and set off from the others.

My question: I would like to able to add multiple entries to other fields such as Format, for example. Is there a way to edit the field so it will accept multiple data the way the Genre field does?

Thank you
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia--Multiple Data Entries in Fields

Post by Nora »

Changing the current field type is not possible. We will be extending the multiple type fields to all the fields that normally have multiple values. We will also be adding a few custom fields of this type. In the meantime separated multiple values using a comma and a space. This way when the fields do support the blue bubble it will automatically pick up the separation. Not sure if the format field will be one of the fields that gets changed. Also if your using the statistics in Bookpedia the post about changing the way statistics are counted might be of interest.
stoney77

Post by stoney77 »

Thanks, Nora, for your response. Since the whole ebook revolution began, many of us have a number of books in more than one ebook format that we have converted for use on various eBook readers (especially now with the iPad available) so I was thinking it would be helpful to easily track the multiple versions using the Format field (epub, pdf, mobi, lit, etc.). Even having one or more of the custom fields have that capability would work also.

But Bookpedia is so incredibly flexible that there are always several different ways of doing just about anything. I'll keep exploring.

Thanks again for your help.
HezzieQ
Inductee
Inductee

Post by HezzieQ »

I would like to filter my statistics so that if I just want to see stats on authors and genre for example, I can without seeing all the other stats eg. number of pages, publishers etc. Is there a way?

thanks
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Open the Statistics and click on the 'Options' button. Then uncheck all those fields you're not interested in seeing.