How to type a space in genre tag without auto entering

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
charleyhart

How to type a space in genre tag without auto entering

Post by charleyhart »

I am entering Library of Congress subject tags as the genre tags in my digital library. Their descriptions often times have a word1 - word2 - word3 format. The problem is that when I attempt to enter a new genre that has the same word1, by typing a space, the - word2 - word3 auto enters. I've just been deleting the extraneous text, but I'd like to know if there is a way to type a space without auto entering the similar tag.

Has anyone else encountered this sort of issue? If so, please let me know how you have dealt with it. Thank you.
charleyhart

Re: How to type a space in genre tag without auto entering

Post by charleyhart »

I am encountering another auto entering problem: when I type in some years, Bookpedia auto enters a month in addition to the year. I have tried to just delete the month, but Bookpedia will not allow me.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

charleyhart wrote:I am encountering another auto entering problem: when I type in some years, Bookpedia auto enters a month in addition to the year. I have tried to just delete the month, but Bookpedia will not allow me.
Check the General tab in Preferences and see what format you have got set for dates. Sounds like you need just %Y.

Kind regards,

Keith
charleyhart

Post by charleyhart »

Keith- Thank you. That fixed the dates issues. And I have resolved how to mostly avoid the auto entering issues in the genre tabs now.
Last edited by charleyhart on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The autofill should not be an issue. The filled text is highlighted so by continuing to type a new word, that is not "word2", it will no longer match and the autofill with automatically stop. Also autofilling just "word1" should not be a problem, if present int the autofill list, as it will always pick the shortest possible autofill that matches.