Last sync between DVDpedia & Pocketpedia 2 resyncs EVERYTHIN

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Last sync between DVDpedia & Pocketpedia 2 resyncs EVERYTHIN

Post by teacher24_70 »

I've been using the Pocketpedia apps (1 & 2) since they came out in the App Store. I regularly try to sync with my Mac when I've added new items to the Mac version.

Normally, I will watch the process on the iPhone and it shows that it's syncing 1-2 items details and images.

This last time it re-synced ALL items, details, images, etc. What could have caused this resyncing of all items. There hasn't been an update to DVDpedia that would have caused it. The only update since the last sync was iOS 4.1. Would that have caused the resyncing?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Last sync between DVDpedia & Pocketpedia 2 resyncs EVERY

Post by Nora »

This is actually a bug with the latest iOS but we've taken care of it in the Beta versions for now until the problem will be fixed on Apple's side.
You can download the beta versions right here: DVDpedia, Bookpedia, CDpedia, Gamepedia
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We will write a post about it to let users know and are preparing the release of a point upgrade.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

Thanks Conor and Nora! Good to know that a fix is on it's way and there's a temporary work-around.

Since the beta has a different app name, it won't overwrite the previous non-beta file. What's the best way of doing this? Should I leave both in the application folder and simply run the Beta version for now? Or should I take the "Beta" out of the name so that it overwrites? If I leave it as a separate application, will it work with my data differently and will I need to do something special when the next non-Beta release is made?
scooter64
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by scooter64 »

My Pocketpedia2 sync was behaving the identical way starting a few days ago, re-syncing my entire DVDpedia library on each and every sync.

Thanks for the temporary fix, worked like a charm tonight. :)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

@teacher24_70 - You can run it either as the 'DVDpedia Beta' or change the name to 'DVDpedia', it won't affect your data either way. The update reminder will come up for the Beta as well when a new release is out.

I would suggest changing the name to "DVDpedia" and replacing your original version as our public betas are very stable.