Latest sync error to Pocketpedia 2

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Latest sync error to Pocketpedia 2

Post by teacher24_70 »

I recently updated DVDpedia and Bookpedia to the most recent version that fixed the syncing issue with Pocketpedia 2.

I added a new movie to DVDpedia and decided to sync with Pocketpedia 2 so that it would have the updated information. Now this movie shows up in my "Newly Added" smart album as "Not Synched". It shows no cover art or any information. Just looks like an "empty" movie called "Not Synched".

I tried syncing with DVDpedia again, but it still shows up the same. Any ideas?

The newly added movie was "Beauty and the Beast" DVD/Blu-ray and I added some of my own notes to the "Features" field.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Latest sync error to Pocketpedia 2

Post by Nora »

Try editing the entry in DVDpedia (just delete a field or add some data) and then do the sync again. Does it still show up as Not Synched?
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

I added something to one of the fields and then resynced.

While it was syncing, the syncing screen on the iPhone said "Synchronizing. . . Please be sure to have Pedia version 4.5.4 or higher on your Mac" with the Cancel button.

I've never seen the version # reminder while syncing with the Mac. It seemed to stick on this screen so I hit the cancel button. The movie still shows up as "Not Synched".

I closed the Pocketpedia 2 on the iPhone and restarted DVDpedia on the Mac. Now it does show the correct title and information, but no cover art.

What should my next step be to get the cover art to show up?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You can drag the cover art out to your Finder to create a file, then drag this file back to the cover well. This will do nothing put update the modification date of the cover and should come across in a new sync. If that fails hold down the option key while pressing the sync button in Pocketpedia. This tells DVDpedia to send all the detail and cover information again no matter what the modification date was. Mean it will take longer as it won't be an update to the existing information.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

That worked! Thanks!