Fine search in fields

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Fine search in fields

Post by judocama »

I have a movie with a country that is badly written but I can not find the movie that contains it.

as I can make a fine search?

Thanks in advance.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Fine search in fields

Post by Nora »

You can restrict the search to certain fields by clicking on the little magnifying glass in the search window. However 'country' isn't one of the fields included in the restricted search so instead you can choose 'Columns Shown' and then type in what you're looking for.

Alternatively, go into the Preferences/Autofill, select Country and correct the typo there.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Since it's a misspelling Nora's technique of using the top right filter search should show only the movies with the misspelling. However, if you would like exact results use a temporary smart collection: "country is Canda".

Correcting the autofill will not update the movie but it's a good idea to do avoid selecting that misspelling in the future. Using the 'Rebuild' button in the autofill is a great way to find misspelling and inconsistencies in fields that repeat, but I have a feeling you know about this, as it's likely the way you noticed the misspelled country.
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by judocama »

Yes I know, but don´t work.
I have in preferences autofill, country Mexico instead México.
I create a smart intelligent collection and put country, contain Mexico but don´t get any results.

Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Could you send us your Database.pediadata file as well as the DVDpedia plist file so we can take a look at your data and try to reproduce the problem here? You'll find the data file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata and the plist file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.dvdpedia.plist. (Our email address is here.)
Also, could you have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from DVDpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log.
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by judocama »

I have sent de dcart support email.

Conor if I introducce a new fil the info is correct the problem is when I update de film, I get in the title the url and two spaces in directors field when are two.

Thanks in advance.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

carpanta wrote:…, I get in the title the url and two spaces in directors field when are two.
Have you tried beta 56?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If it still happens with beta 56 please then send me the .dcard for the movie that you are updating that shows the URL in the title field.