Column to show Links

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
perdox
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Column to show Links

Post by perdox »

Hello there.

DVDpedia.

I am in Table view and Info View. If I right click on the column bar, I can choose to see just about everything column EXCEPT a column to show me the links associated with each entry in my Library. Is this possible?

The reason I need to do this is the following. One of hard drives is making funny noises and I suspect it is about to die. I will be copying the VIDEO_TS folders over to a new drive(s).

I want to be able to see which movie used to reside on the dying drive (Ent04) so that if some of the files go to drive, say, Ent07, I can just change the link info in the Links panel by simply deleting the 4 and replacing it with the 7. This avoids having to drag across each Video_TS individually.

I tried doing a Search using the field in the top right hand corner, selected All fields as the search scope but I don't get any results (I search for Ent04). I also tried search for Ent04 in the Links scope under the magnifying glass but I still don't get any results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Column to show Links

Post by Nora »

There's no way to see a list of the link paths in the table view but you can create a smart collection that gives you all the movies with links to the dying HD. The criteria would be: "Any Link URL contains Ent04"
Depending on how many entries there are then you can either go through manually to change the link paths or you could change it for all the entries at once by going straight into the SQL. There are several posts on the forum on how to do that, for example here.
perdox
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Column to show Links

Post by perdox »

BRILLIANT!
THANK YOU very much. You are a life saver!