Quick Question

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
AFG034
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Quick Question

Post by AFG034 »

Hey, I downloaded the trial version of DVDpedia and have a couple of questions I hope someone here can answer:

1) Does DVDpedia have an iPad/iPod app? If so, can I edit or add to my movie list through the app?

2) Can I view my DVDpedia collection online? I have some people I know look at my list and see if they want to borrow anything, so online is key.

3) I'm a huge advocate of seeing how many DVD's I have and although I know they have the "Show Count" setting but it doesn't show the true setting. For example, if I add a box set with three movies in it, DVDpedia accepts it as one dvd rather than three. Is there a way I can change that?

Thanks!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Quick Question

Post by Nora »

1) Pocketpedia, our iPhone app, will make its comeback soon. After that we will also start work on a universal app for the iPad. In the meantime, take a look atthis blog post about alternative ways to view your collections online or take a look at this thread for a cool way to integrate with Evernote.

2) Yes, you can export your collections to view online. Take a look at the Export feature found under the File menu to see all the different options available (if you haven't done so yet, make sure you download the demo. It's fully functional and will let you add up to 25 entries. Download link can be found here.)

3) The 'Show Count' will display how many actual entries there are in a collection but for the full number of discs, go into the Preferences/Style and check the box next to 'Discs' under the status bar options. These are then displayed at the bottom of the main window.
AFG034
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Quick Question

Post by AFG034 »

One last question.

Is there anyway I can organize my collection in a custom way? For example, I've entered in the Halloween series and they're displayed in random order. Can I organize it so that they go in chronological order?

Never mind, I figured it out.

Love the program so far, great stuff!