DVDpedia with large type for HDTV

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
perdox
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDpedia with large type for HDTV

Post by perdox »

I have a Mac Mini in the lounge room with three hard drives hanging of it. It is plugged into a 58" Panasonic TV that is about 5 metres away from the couch.

I have the Front Row plugin, and that works really well but because I am hard of hearing, I can't switch on the subtitles when I want. So playing the DVDs back by using the list view in DVDpedia is great because it launches the movie through DVD player and I can turn on or off the subtitles as required.

The only problem is that it is difficult to read the text on the TV from 5 metres back. I use the zoom in and out shortcuts at the moment but this is a hassle.

How can I increase the text size so that the text is readable without having to zoom in and out. Is there a special view option I can use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia with large type for HDTV

Post by Conor »

The text size is fixed, it sets itself based on the width of the screen to still fit most of the details into a single line. Both on the browsing and details view. Could be that the size is too small if the MacMini is not reporting the accurate size for the 58" LCD. Thank you for the feedback, do please email me a screenshot with (command-shift 3) or a photo of the screen, so that I can better understand the scale, as every setup is different.