Bookpedia: Multiple Copies

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
ouchoirs

Bookpedia: Multiple Copies

Post by ouchoirs »

Is there any way to keep track of multiple copies of one book without making a separate entry for each one? I'm using Bookpedia as a music (scores of paper music) catalog for the college I work for, and we have many copies of one score of music. I would like to be able to keep track of how many copies I've checked out, and how many I still have. How would I do that?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia: Multiple Copies

Post by Nora »

I'd use a custom field to record the number of copies. You can change the field titles in the Preferences/General; restart Bookpedia for the change to take full effect.
ouchoirs

Post by ouchoirs »

That's what I'm doing right now, but it still doesn't help the confusion that we have. If Dr. A checks out 20 copies and Dr. B checks out 30 copies, and then six months later I only get back 40 copies from both how am I to remember how many each person checked out so I know who to charge for the missing copies?

What I would love is a field to put in "total number of copies" and then when I click on "borrow" to have an extra field that asks me how many they're taking. I would have no idea how to go about making that happen, though.
masterjedi73
Inductee
Inductee

Post by masterjedi73 »

I want to do exactly the same thing. Is there a way?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There no current way to set multiple number of copies for a single borrower, except to add this information into the comments field for the borrowed history under the view -> borrowed history window. The borrowed history at the moment is only created upon returning a book, but we are looking at changing that to allow for comments while the book is borrowed.