Option Command F (can I search entire database?)

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Eric
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Option Command F (can I search entire database?)

Post by Eric »

Although I've had Bookpedia quite a while, I've only inputted books sporadically. I'm doing it again. A problem I've run into is that some of the books I'm adding are already in my Wish List, but I'm doing Opt-Cmd-F to search within the database from within "Library", not Wish List. I would like Bookpedia to search my entire database and tell me if this book is already in my Library, Wish List or anywhere else for that matter. Already twice today I've gone to the trouble to add two books and when I clicked "Add" Bookpedia told me it was already in my Wish List. Well, I could have checked that first (and will now), but it seems there should be some global database-wide search that would help. And maybe there already is, but I don't see it in preferences or wherever. Can anyone give me a hand? Thank you!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Option Command F (can I search entire database?)

Post by Nora »

If your Wish list is excluded from the Library then the search will not go through it. You'd have to include the collection in your Library (File menu > Include collection in Library) for it to be included in the searches.
Eric
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Option Command F (can I search entire database?)

Post by Eric »

Thank you, Nora. That will do what I need for the times when I'm entering books, but am not sure either if they have already been entered in the Library itself or in the Wish List. Then I can exclude the Wish List later (generally it is not helpful for me to have the Wish List included in the Library).

Gratefully, Eric