Adding multiple CDs to CDpedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
ddd
Contributor
Contributor

Adding multiple CDs to CDpedia

Post by ddd »

I have nice iPhone scanner CLZ Barry (I really don't like their soft but this app is really nice). I already have DVDpedia and now I'm searching a soft for cataloging my CD collection (should be around 300 CDs.
I scanned around 10 CDs with barry and I wanted to import them to CDpedia. However I can only send 1 scan. If I send multiple CD nothing happens.
Is there even a way to add more than 1 CD to CDpedia?

p.s.
I always get the message to enter the serial number (limit it adding 25 CDs) even if I want to add only 1 CD manually...
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Adding multiple CDs to CDpedia

Post by Conor »

For the demo limit make sure that you have under 25 CDs for your entire collections. If you have done an import of a file for testing that might have more than 25 CDs and hence why the demo dialog is coming up. You can remove some CDs to continue testing the demo.

Since the scanner hopefully sends multiple barcodes separated with a new line try using the "add multiple" feature, it's under the main edit menu. This has a single text field at the top where you can focus the input and it will divide an incoming list on the new line/return character if there are more than one and add them below and then process them one at a time for adding into the selected collection.
ddd
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ddd »

I completely missed the option for adding multiple CDs! Thx for this.
Anyway, if I want to add less than 25 CDs I always get that message ("Register") so I can't really try all the features in trial version. Is this maybe a bug in trial version?
Probably I will buy the soft anyway (because I'm really happy with my DVDpedia).
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The limitation coming up with less than 25 CDs would definitely be a bug. If you don't mind email us your Database.pediadata from your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia and I can look into the bug with your current data. That is if you haven't yet registered. Thank you.