some cdpedia questions

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
ragana
Contributor
Contributor

some cdpedia questions

Post by ragana »

In first I would like to thank you for this update that offer some interesting features.
Anyway I realised that you changed the templates in the info view, now only a couple of them show the tracklist of a CD, how can I see the tracklist on my favourite template?
The most important, seems like the option to add CD boxes has not been integrated yet, this is a feature suggested from many users, we'll have to wait until the version 6.0?
Thanks
Nora
Site Admin

Re: some cdpedia questions

Post by Nora »

The details view templates are all based on HTML so you can customize them any which way you like. If you don't know anything about HTML, let me know which template it is you use and I can create a customized version of the template for you.

Box set support is still on the list but the reason we keep moving it towards the back is because it simply proves too tricky to tackle every time we try. We can't seem to get a grip on how it would work in a layout for the programs as they are. The little triangles in the list view make sense but what about the Add/Edit window when you select an individual entry vs the box set? And how would you display information in the details view when the box set is selected? Only the data that overlaps for each entry or everything that's part of the included entries? Or when you drag and drop and entry into another collection, does the whole box set get moved or only that entry? These are just some of the issues that we keep coming up against and have yet to find satisfactory solutions for.
ragana
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ragana »

Thanks so much Nora.
Really I know a little of html, I'll try to create something by myself.

I didn't realised that create a "CD Boxes" feature could be so hard, I'm sure you'll find a good solution.
Best regards
Dnale
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Dnale »

Have them solved the cd box set issue?
For me is a very important feature.
Without it I can not buy cdpedia
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We haven't found a solution to the box set issue yet. But the current solution of linking entries together works quite well.