HD folder auto add & URL edit

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

HD folder auto add & URL edit

Post by samu-mac »

Hello, i'm in love with that program but i would need an help about a couple of situations.

1)
i would to know if is possible to set a folder as "auto add to DVDpedia"

this way, after i import a film and i decide to add to my DVDpedia library i can just move physically the film to the dedicated HD folder...
otherwise i have to add then navigate in the BIG folder to find it and then add do DVDpedia.. and when you add maybe 5-10 movies at one time and finder wont keep the selection you get crazy :)

2)
then, i would also to know if is possible to multiple-edit the URL of few films... like subfolder change etc

Cheers
Nora
Site Admin

Re: HD folder auto add & URL edit

Post by Nora »

1) Thanks for the suggestion, we'll keep that in mind for the future. If all your movies are in one folder already then you can just drag that over the DVDpedia icon to import all the movies inside. It'll warn you about duplicates so you can tell it not to import those and only new movies will be included. By default all imports are placed into a library-independent collection first (marked with a grey collection icon) so you can make sure that everything went well. To make the import part of your Library, select the collection and choose 'Include collection in Library' from the File menu. After that you can delete the imported collection if you like.

2) The links section isn't part of the multi edit window but you can use MySQL to work with the database directly to change links. There are several threads in the forum about this already, for example: here and here.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

OK thanks for answer

the point is that i have multiple hard disks for film ( because ive many :D) and when i move films between hds or subfolders i lose the correct URL

anyway thanks for the MSQL db editing guide, i'll take a look!

Cheers
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

samu-mac wrote:otherwise i have to add then navigate in the BIG folder to find it and then add do DVDpedia.. and when you add maybe 5-10 movies at one time and finder wont keep the selection you get crazy :)
In addition to what Nora suggested, maybe you can create a Smart Folder in Finder that matches a smaller subset of files (e.g. by including "Last modified date is within last n days" criteria) that you want to add to DVDpedia? Or, maybe (temporarily) switch the media folder(s) to List view and sort by Date Modified? Point is, there should be ways you can make selecting the desired files less unwieldily. :)
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

sjk wrote:
samu-mac wrote:otherwise i have to add then navigate in the BIG folder to find it and then add do DVDpedia.. and when you add maybe 5-10 movies at one time and finder wont keep the selection you get crazy :)
In addition to what Nora suggested, maybe you can create a Smart Folder in Finder that matches a smaller subset of files (e.g. by including "Last modified date is within last n days" criteria) that you want to add to DVDpedia? Or, maybe (temporarily) switch the media folder(s) to List view and sort by Date Modified? Point is, there should be ways you can make selecting the desired files less unwieldily. :)
Ye, this is the way i was using it since i had attached my 2x 2tb hard drives to my apple capsule

results it's an awesom 11mb\s streaming LAN video without cable to my macbook but the fact is that spotlight is not working as good as it does when the hard drive is physically linked to the computer :(

i dont know why but last modified or last added isn't working properly anymore since ive made such a system!

:(