CDpedia dates gone wild

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
rpali
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

CDpedia dates gone wild

Post by rpali »

Something's very wrong with date formatting. I've searched the forums and it seems that this is not a widespread problem. It seems limited to just me.

I added two CDs today. The Date Added field values for those two CDs report 2012-42-16 and 2012-16-16. How are those for dates?!

In CDpedia, my date formats are yyyy for release and yyyy-mm-d for other dates. In system prefs, I use yyyy-mm-dd for short and medium length dates. Does this mismatch matter? I noticed things going nutty at the beginning of December because I build a smart list each month listing the CDs added in the current month. I also usually keep three or four previous smart lists. November's list worked just fine when I created it at the beginning of that month and it still works fine.

Either I edited the date formats in the interim, or it was a new version of CDpedia. The funny thing is, if I create a smart list, and enter a date, I can go and edit it, and the date has changed.

Any ideas? This one's got me stumped. Whatever the cause, I certainly hope my database isn't messed up....which it certainly appears to be, at least as far as the month and day of the dates go!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: CDpedia dates gone wild

Post by Nora »

The problem in this case is the date format: yyyy-mm-d. "m" stands for minutes. "M" stands for month. So what you want to use is "yyyy-MM-d" to get the date format "2012-01-18". A short list of date formats is included in the CDpedia Help files or you can find a full version of the formats available on this site.
rpali
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: CDpedia dates gone wild

Post by rpali »

Worked like an absolute charm. Thank you very kindly for your help!