Pocketpedia3

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
AndrewZander
Inductee
Inductee

Re: Pocketpedia3

Post by AndrewZander »

Sadly, I must echo ojleblanc's disappointment for Pocketpedia3. Granted, I probably should have done more research prior to purchasing the app, but without the ability to add titles into Pocketpedia3 via my iPhone or iPad and then sync them to Bookpedia, the application is pretty much useless for me. Considering that the app is $4 I would expect this feature to already be included, as others clearly do as well.

Is there any estimated time when this feature might be incorporated into the app?

Regards,
Andrew
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

@BBE135 Pocketpedia does not copy linked files over the to the device the files can be any number of files as well as be quite large. It might be a feature in future version, but at the moment Pocketpedia only lets you open links to online files. So if your ebooks were to be on a server then Pocketpedia would open the link to them as they would be downloaded in real time. We are also looking at possible links to your books in iBooks for a future version.

@AndrewZander Manually adding of a book will be coming. At the moment you can only add books found by searching Doghouse. We are currently working on the interface for editing the large number of fields and capturing the cover art. There is no release date for the feature.
Zorglub
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Zorglub »

In the next version of Pcketpedia, it would be great be able to mark items as seen/read, as we can in the Mac Pedias.
For instance, when I am viewing DVDs , it would be mucho easier for me to record this information from my iPad (always close to me) than on my Mac which is in a different room.
Ditto when I read books. And even more when this book is an ebook, read on my iPad !

On iPad, the button for this could be at the top of the screen, or just beside the star rating bar.