Pocketpedia3

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
mherb24

Pocketpedia3

Post by mherb24 »

I found a page on you website, http://www.bruji.com/pocketpedia/, it say pocketpedia3 is out. Is it really? The AppStore does not show it. Has it been submitted for approval? Or an April's fool joke that was never taken down?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Pocketpedia3

Post by Nora »

It's been submitted for approval and we put up the page for the App Store testers to see but if it's causing confusion for users who find it by accident we'll take it down or at least include a note about it coming soon. Thanks for pointing that out.
mherb24

Post by mherb24 »

No...no...leave it up. It gives us all hope. Maybe just flag it as coming soon.

I'm so glad to hear its coming. Thanks.
nachtgedanken

Post by nachtgedanken »

The app is now available in the store. Thank you very much for all the effort!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Wow, you're really fast nachtgedanken. Thanks for letting people know. (Posting about it here and on the blog right now. I added the App Store link to your post so people can check it out directly.)
Evertype

Post by Evertype »

Ok... so what does this mean if we have Pocketpedia2? Do we just delete it?
Last edited by Evertype on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

As long as you have all your items on the Desktop Pedia programs (and not using Pocketpedia as a stand-alone app) then you can delete it and sync your data to Pocketpedia 3.
SuperTricolor
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by SuperTricolor »

Thanks. I'm excited to try this later tonight when I get home. However, I'm a little disappointed at the $2.99 price. It's not the cost itself but the fact that the others were free. Remember we paid for the individual pedias already.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You're correct that the previous Pocketpedia was free. We try to keep our prices low but this is how the three of us make a living and free unfortunately doesn't pay the rent. We've also been working on getting Pocketpedia back into the App Store for two years now by setting up Doghouse (the Pedias' own online database) to be able to leave Amazon behind which not only was a large monetary investment but also meant having to hire our first employee because Conor and I simply couldn't handle the extra amount of work. We could have included the cost of Pocketpedia in the price of the Pedia programs but that doesn't make sense for users who might not be interested in Pocketpedia nor for users who then use Pocketpedia without owning one of our Desktop Pedias.

Personally I believe the Pedias are worth every penny. As for Pocketpedia, (from a developer and user point of view), the price is a steal at $2.99. Obviously everyone has different priorities but we do hope that most users would agree with us.
grasstust
Captain
Captain

Post by grasstust »

I absolutely love Pocket Pedia, great work, and the pricing I thought was fair - you deserve every penny!
SwissBigTwin
Inductee
Inductee

Post by SwissBigTwin »

Hallo Nora... habe gerade "Pocketpedia 3" runter geladen... funktioniert alles wunderbar, genau so hab ich mir das vorgestellt! Klasse... Grüsse aus der Schweiz! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
engintonic
Inductee
Inductee

Post by engintonic »

The long expected Pocketpedia 3 is finally there. Purchased and began to use it. Great!
Thanks a lot Bruji team.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Vielen Dank fürs Feedback! :)
johnbaxter

Post by johnbaxter »

Congratulations! I downloaded Pocketpedia3 for my iPad and it synced flawlessly.
KomA
Inductee
Inductee

Post by KomA »

Hi,
Here i downloaded PocketPedia, thanks for that great job.
More waited because i miss the 2 precedent versions.

I have know some syncing questions :
- is there another way to sync my CD and DVD pedias databases than Wi-Fi ?
In fact i try to upload on the iPhone the two .xxpedia xml files, generated by CD and DVD Pedias but Pocketpedia seems not read them.

I try to sync by Wi-Fi by connecting phone and mac on network from my internet access provider, but sync don't work.
I wan't set up a specific wi-fi network only for syncing.

Thanks for your answer