Pocketpedia3

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Pocketpedia3

Post by teacher24_70 »

So if we use the directions to sign up for the Amazon ID and affiliate, does that mean that we can continue using Amazon's data and that data WILL sync to our Pocketpedia? Or is Doghouse the ONLY way to get synced details to our iDevices?

I miss seeing summaries, etc. on my phone.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Everything syncs to Pocketpedia 3, the program has no way of knowing where your information came from.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

So the old issues with Amazon information no longer applies? I know that was what was keeping the old Pocketpedia out of the store for so long. All the "extra" information is missing from my syncs to Pocketpedia 2.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

They do apply, but now as a user you are responsible for your own AWS account.
SuperTricolor
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by SuperTricolor »

I'm quite happy with Pocketpedia 3 except that I don't seem to be able to get the covers to display correctly on the mobile device. I have all the covers the dvd and cd pedias but they don't show in the iPhone. I tried to re-download some of the covers and they (the re-downloaded ones) did sync, however, after a couple of weeks of not using pocketpedia I notice the covers are again not showing on the iPhone. What is the issue here?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Please try holding down the option key on the Mac while hitting the sync button in Pocketpedia. This will tell Pocketpedia to get all the covers no matter what covers it currently thinks it has. Not sure what the issue might be with the missing covers, but I'll keep take a look around.
Zorglub
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Zorglub »

On Pocketpedia3, is there a function to make a random selection in a collection ?
We intend to use this to pick a movie at random...
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

When you're inside a collection shake your mobile device a bit from side to side to have the program make a random selection.
Zorglub
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Zorglub »

Just what I need !
Thank You
Zorglub
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Zorglub »

I've just bought Pocketpedia 3.
On the iPad, shaking seems to do nothing. Is it only working on iPhone and iPod ?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I apologize, I forgot it was off on the iPad as it was too sensitive to shaking in the forwards backwards tilt that happens with regular iPad use. I have reworked the code for the iPad so that it's sensitive only to left right tilt, as a steering wheel motion. It will be included in the next update of Pocketpedia.
Zorglub
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Zorglub »

Thank you!
Anyway, it is not easy to shake an iPad. Maybe it is better to add a dedicated button ?
jolyon
Inductee
Inductee

Post by jolyon »

On the iTunes store, it says (posted 31 October 2012) of Pocketpedia 3.03 that it has "New barcode scan feature for devices with camera".

I cannot find this feature anywhere in PP3. The Help page says "We already have lots of plans for expanding Pocketpedia in the future with features like manual add, edit and barcode reading via the iPhone/iPad camera. So stay tuned!"

Am I being very slow? [probably ;-) ] It would be much easier to scan books into PP from an iPhone than using a Mac's iSight camera.

TIA
Jolyon
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The scan button is right next to the search field were you would search for a new movie. On the iPhone this is under the Doghouse tab and to the right of the search field on the top (an icon with a little camera). On the iPad it's on the left side of the search field on the top navigation bar. Some iPads don't have camera's and this button would not show in that case.

Once in the scan screen you would tap on the "Mac" icon on the lower right to activate the barcode scanner directly to Bookpedia feature if Bookpedia is on the same wireless network. Otherwise tapping this button will give a warning and let you store the scanned items to deliver to Bookpedia at a later time, by tapping this button again when on the same network.
BBE135
Inductee
Inductee

Post by BBE135 »

I'm considering buying Pocketpedia3 for my iPad but I'm not sure if it has all the functions that I need.
So if someone please can answer a quick questions for me that would me much appreciated.

BookPedia on my Mac contains all the information about my physical book collection as well as my ebook collection. The ebook entries contain links to the corresponding files on my Mac for easier access. Is it possible with Pocketpedia to access or sync the file links and open them in my iPad???