Store data on an NAS?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
mmchugh
Contributor
Contributor

Store data on an NAS?

Post by mmchugh »

Hello,

Is it possible to store my libraries on an NAS so that I can access my data from more than one computer?

Thanks,

Mike McHugh
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Store data on an NAS?

Post by Conor »

Hi Mike,

No problem, with the Pedia not running copy your data folder from ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia to your NAS. Then launch DVDpedia while holding down the option key and this will give you the option to select the the new location Database.dvdpd file that is inside that folder. Depending on how you mount the NAS on different computers and the OS version they are running they will or allow you to merge changes made on both computers or actually lock one Pedia out of making changes if not supported by the OS. For simplicity sake I recommend sticking to making major changes on one Pedia and the other for browsing.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Mike,

No problem, with the Pedia not running copy your data folder from ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia to your NAS. Then launch DVDpedia while holding down the option key and this will give you the option to select the the new location Database.dvdpd file that is inside that folder. Depending on how you mount the NAS on different computers and the OS version they are running they will or allow you to merge changes made on both computers or actually lock one Pedia out of making changes if not supported by the OS. For simplicity sake I recommend sticking to making major changes on one Pedia and the other for browsing.
mmchugh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mmchugh »

Thank you!

Mike