Guide to auto-import for all pedia software with automator

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
yggdrasil

Guide to auto-import for all pedia software with automator

Post by yggdrasil »

Hi to all users,

I'll try to show in this guide how to automatic import movies or other stuff to the pedia apps in Automator

1. open Automator
2. choose Folder Action
3. choose the folder where you store you're movies, books, games, music
Example: I subdivide my movies in categories like Animation, HD, SD, Documentaries, Short movies

4. you can do this process for one folder, it's possible to duplicate to other folders
5. after choosing the folder, on the action tab go to Files & Folder select the option Open Finder Items and on the drop down menu choose the pedia application you use, like DVDpedia or other pedia
6. save the Folder Action
7. to replicate this action to other folder right click on the folder you want the same action go to the last option Services and choose Folder Action Setup... and will appear a window letting you choose a script to attach, just pick the one created earlier and click attach, on the folder action window you have the option enable/disable the action, edit the script, add more folders

P.S.: This Folder Action Will Work Only on New Additions to the folder you setup, but if the file wasn't added and tagged just drag the files out of the action folder and then drag again inside the action folder, or create the action in an empty folder than drag the items you want to import
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Guide to auto-import for all pedia software with automat

Post by Nora »

Thank you for the how to, sure it will be useful for users with large digital collections.
yggdrasil

Re: Guide to auto-import for all pedia software with automat

Post by yggdrasil »

Nora wrote:Thank you for the how to, sure it will be useful for users with large digital collections.

No Problem