AUTO MATCHING COLLECTION ID TO COVER IMAGE NAME

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
northbooks
Inductee
Inductee

AUTO MATCHING COLLECTION ID TO COVER IMAGE NAME

Post by northbooks »

My apologies for wasting anyone's time - I'm new to Bookpedia and have been frustrated with one issue. Is there a way to match your Collection ID to your cover image name/title automatically? When I export a .bookpedia file the cover images in the Cover folder always read whatever order numerically they are in already, not by my Collection ID name. Can anyone help with this? Thanks for reading.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: AUTO MATCHING COLLECTION ID TO COVER IMAGE NAME

Post by Conor »

Depending on what you want to achieve you can read the XML file and map the collection ID from the XML file to a corresponding image number. If you're not interested in the XML file and just the covers, then a HTML export might be more convenient as the images there remain tied to their unique id within the database and will not change.

Otherwise you can use this dynamic script (text export) here that takes covers from their location inside the DVDpedia data folder and copies them renamed according to the movie title. You would update it to name them based on the collection ID by changing [key:title] to [key:collectionID] ( possible tags).