iBédéView details style doesn't work anymore

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
perarneflo
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

iBédéView details style doesn't work anymore

Post by perarneflo »

I use Bookpedia to organize my comics and the iBédé plug-in to add comics and add my own covers.

Previously the iBédéView infoTemplate showed images in the Details window at the bottom. This doesn't work anymore. Now it only shows a white border where the images should have been.

Does anybody know how I can fix this. Is there any code I should add in the infoTemplate to make it work again?

Regards
Per Arne Flø
Oslo, Norway
Conor
Top Dog

Re: iBédéView details style doesn't work anymore

Post by Conor »

Nothing has changed with the export capabilities in the latest version. The export engine remains the same. I have iBede installed but I never had those images at the bottom. The only images in the iBede plugin for me are the 5 icons on the left bar and the two icons on the title bar next to the star rating (also the iBede logo in the footer). There is no section after the summary that has any images, you must have a customized version of the iBedeView template.

If you hold down the option key and click on the main help menu, you will be presented with debugging options. You can use the "Show details view HTML" to have the program write out the HTML it's using and then you can view the src="" for these image files to find out why it might not be finding them as it used to.
perarneflo
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by perarneflo »

Do you see the RSS text at the top when you choose the iBedeView details style? It doesn't work here anymore.

But, and this is strange, sometimes (not every time) when I click on the text "powered by iBede" in the lower right corner and then close the window that opens, the RSS text AND the images are visible again. But if I choose another entry it is gone. I think there may be some problems with the javascripts in the HTML code. I know some HTML but I am totally blank when it comes to scripts... :?

I have tried your tip of looking at the HTML code. It looks fine. The album cover is in a div tag with id "mainBoxCover" and the other images have id "links" with a class "mainBoxLinks".

About images i iBedeView:
When I import an entry from Bedetheque with the iBede plug-in there is normally two images in addition to the album cover. It is called "Planche" and "Verso". It is the a scan of the backside of the album and a sample from the album. The album cover is on the left (with a reflection below) and the Planche and Verso are to the right in Details view when choosing the iBedeView details style. If you click on iBede in the menu bar in Bookpedia you can choose "Ajouter une image a l'album" to add more images. These images are added as links to the entry in Bookpedia. When I double-click an entry (or Cmd+E) and click on the Link pane, I see the name, type and URL (which is the location of the image on my hard drive) of the images.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I do not get the RSS feed at the top either. I do agree that it's likely the JavaScript.

If I open the page created by "Show details HTML" in Safari I also do not get the RSS or images. The regular images will be missing as the path is not the same, but the RSS should indeed load. If you open the Developer console in Safari there are errors with the Javascript showing the object "myiBede" does not exist. Javascript is not a language I know much about. Do get in touch with the Nenuphar as they are the original creators of the javascript and might be able to get it to work again.
perarneflo
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by perarneflo »

Thank you for your time. I will indeed get in touch with Nenuphar and ask.
bobino
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by bobino »

hi,

i'm the developer of iBédé
the javascript object myiBede is created by the plugin himself, this can not work in safari.
let me check what's wrong, and coming back to you
bobino
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by bobino »

ok, strange,
the communication between javascript and the plugin was broken,
i'll change this in the following release
http://nenuphar-development.com/Nenupha ... e_2.21.zip

you you please test it ?

thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The RSS is showing up now, but the Javascript for the links is broken. As soon as an entry has a link I get a white background with the link only. It's likely the javascript that strips the pedia:// bit from the URL of the link.
perarneflo
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by perarneflo »

With the new plug-in it looks correct again. The Planche and Verso images are visible on the right side. Thank you!

(Conor: You have to add link-images via the iBede menu and not Bookpedia's Edit)

The main cover is not visible by default on the left. But when I studied the CSS I found that #mainBoxCover had the style {display:none;} When I change that, the main cover is visible with the nice reflection beneath it.

P.S. The star rating is not working correct. You have only 5 stars, but Bookpedia now has half-stars, so there should be more images to show this. I have made my own stars but for the next official release of the plug-in you should fix this.