'Last Seen' Numbers Getting Smaller

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Soneall89

'Last Seen' Numbers Getting Smaller

Post by Soneall89 »

Today, as I was adding "A Charlie Brown Christmas" as "watched," something I do every December 24th, I noticed it took a number away from "Movies Seen Per Year-2011." That's when I saw that this has been happening for every film I watch on an annual basis, and it is messing up my yearly count. Is there any way I can correct this?

Conor
Top Dog

Re: 'Last Seen' Numbers Getting Smaller

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. I have fixed the counting in the latest DVDpedia beta and will be part of the next version as well. The beta will have the correct statistics count. It was previously based on the last seen attribute, but it should have always been based of the last seen history that has all the previous dates the movie has been seen.
Soneall89

Post by Soneall89 »

Thanks a lot!
scooter64
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by scooter64 »

@Soneall89 thank you for bringing this to Conor's attention! :)

This issue of mine might be related to what DVDpedia considers as viewing a film, the problem you and Conor were discussing. Even after today's beta update (I'm now running 5.1.3 Beta 42), I'm still experiencing an issue with DVDpedia's tracking of watched films.

In my experience, the LAST SEEN field in "list view" is not accurately representing the information in the LAST SEEN HISTORY pop up box. Weird things start happening if I add and remove dates using this LAST SEEN HISTORY box.

Let's say you have a film you've watched every year for the past 10 years including 2012. So, in the LAST SEEN HISTORY box you see 10 entries correctly displayed as it should be. But, If I use the delete button to remove the latest 2012 viewing entry, so that now the most recent viewing is now 2011, what is happening for me is that LAST SEEN field in "list view" is now blank! Basically it appears from "list view" that I've never seen the film, but in fact I've seen it 9 previous times. (Those 9 viewings ARE in the LAST SEEN HISTORY box though).

So in my example, Ideally, I'd like LAST SEEN date in "list view" to revert to the previous 2011 viewing. I believe because i'm editing my viewing history inside this box, movies are being left out of my smart collection for movies I've viewed in the past year. (My smart collection criteria is films viewed the past 365 days--the movies inside this LAST SEEN field.)

Hopefully this makes sense. Is this a bug or am I trying to use DVDpedia in a way it wasn't intended by altering previous viewing dates?

Regards,

Scott
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That one is even more complex, last seen issue. But I agree that the last seen attribute can be filled with the most recent date from the history after the current last seen history items is deleted. Normally it blanks it out since you are removing the item and I did not want to pick a new history date for the last seen.

However it's important to keep what you enter is what you get for last seen. So when editing last seen it will always reflect the entered date. E.i. if I enter 2009 into last seen, but there is a last seen history item for 2012, last seen will remain 2009 as that is what the user entered directly, instead of being the most recent date from the last seen history.

Same for adding dates to the history directly, the last seen will remain with it's current value. Since if the user wanted to add a date and update the last seen he would do so by simply updating last seen.

The short answer is DVDpedia beta 43 will now behave correctly and keep your smart collection working after removing some incorrect dates from last seen history.
scooter64
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by scooter64 »

Thank you Conor, works like a charm!

Regards,
Scott