Pocketpedia sync

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
johnbaxter

Pocketpedia sync

Post by johnbaxter »

Does Pocketpedia and Bookpedia sync both ways? I have Bookpedia, which I sync with Pocketpedia on my iPad. I recently traded my computer with my son, but didn't export my latest collection. My old computer has been erased. I have an older export that I imported into Bookpedia on my new computer, but my iPad has the latest list of books. If I sync, will the books on my iPad be deleted because they are no longer on Bookpedia? Is there a way to access the database on my iPad and export for Bookpedia?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia sync

Post by Conor »

It does indeed sync both ways, but the database on the computer must have been synced with Pocketpedia previously. It has a unique ID embedded into it for Pocketpedia to recognize it as the same database.

So in your case Pocketpedia would overwrite the information you have.

Instead use a hidden Pocketpedia debug window that can be reached by holding down the option key and click on the main "Help" menu and selecting "Pocketpedia...". From there click "Backup" and then follow the instructions, which will be to initiate the sync in Pocketpedia. This will copy the Pocketpedia database file over to your computer inside your Bookpedia data folder.

Quit Bookpedia and visit the data folder at ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia (Under Lion+ hold down the option key and click on the Finder "Go" menu to open the home user Library folder). Rename the Pocketpedia.bookpd (created by the backup) to Database.bookpd (You have to first remove the existing Database.bookpd). Relaunch Bookpedia it will launch with the Pocketpedia database data.

Images will be missing but you can gather them from control clicking on the image well and selecting "Download from..." for a selection or "Book -> Update from" menu command.