Custom user field names (where? export? import?)

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Eric
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Custom user field names (where? export? import?)

Post by Eric »

Hello,
I'm using Bookpedia 4.6.8 on Snow Leopard (10.6.8). Unfortunately, I had to replace my harddrive. Although I got my database to move over OK, I've lost all my custom field names, and I don't remember what they all were. I can access a backup of the data on the old HD, so if there is a file there with those custom field names (labels) in it, I could probably get them that way. Or if I could load my old data from my old HD, maybe it would show the custom field names and I could do a screenshot of them? But I just tried that (using an external HD with the old (now) back up data on it), and the custom field names are gone that way, too.

What to do? Thanks!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Custom user field names (where? export? import?)

Post by Nora »

In version 4 the custom field names are saved in the plist file of the program. You'll find it in your Home folder under ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.bookpedia.plist. Copy the file over to the exact same location on your new hard drive while Bookpedia is not running and when you restart the program your custom field titles will be back.
Eric
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Custom user field names (where? export? import?)

Post by Eric »

plist file of the program. You'll find it in your Home folder under ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.bookpedia.plist. Copy the file over to the exact same location
Thank you very much. That did it!